WHO WE ARE
Since 1999, Comfort Systems of Montana has served Bozeman, Montana and the surrounding communities. We are a Veteran Owned and Operated Family Business with a phenomenal team of licensed professionals that design, install and service residential and commercial heating and cooling systems. We stand on performance and value, which is why our systems are efficient, reliable, affordable and guarantee satisfaction every time. If you want to be part of something bigger than just a job – make this career move and find exactly what you’re looking for. You will work in a place where you will be appreciated by your team and customers, and where your work has a direct effect on the success of the company.
WHY WE NEED YOU
We are growing and in search of a few HVAC Service Techs to join our team! We keep on growing because we only hire the best, and our customers love us for it. We’ve been at this a long time here in south western Montana. You’ve probably seen our trucks and our ads. What you don’t know is what it’s like to be a part of a team like this. How much you feel appreciated when you don’t cut corners. How much we inspire ongoing training and education. How it feels to have customers rave about you and demand that you’re the only technician that works in their home. How much you can earn when you truly are the best. People often come to us looking for a job. They stay with us because they find a fulfilling career, room to grow, and opportunities to excel.
The Big Task
- An HVAC Service Technician’s must be able to accomplish the same tasks as an Installer, as well as independently power up and adjust control settings to cycle through all designed-for sequences. A Service Technician must be able to acquire, evaluate and interpret such readings as may be necessary to determine the adequacy and acceptability of system operation to meet customer specifications. Additionally, a Service Technician must be able to perform sufficient field diagnostic procedures to determine causes of inadequate performance and identify corrective actions as necessary. A Service Technician must also have the ability to offer up-sell to customers to improve HVAC systems, the ability to advise customers of potential issues and suggest upgrades to improve efficiency and indoor air quality products.
- •Must be able and willing to show up EVERY day at 7:30 am in a clean and professional manner ready to work.
- •Install new heating, ventilation, and air conditioning systems.
- •Inspect and perform equipment repairs and replacements.
- •Perform routine preventative maintenance.
- •Respond to emergency maintenance requests.
- •Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
Service Manager Additional Responsibilities:
- •Recruit, hire, train and improve the field technicians.
- •Work with the dispatch department to make sure the right technician goes to the right job.
- •Bring more energy than you take, because you will set the tone every day for the entire department.
- •Inspire technicians to hit their goals.
- •Train, develop and hold your team accountable to exceptional performance standards.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- •Individuals must have technical knowledge of HVAC systems and installation, the ability to read and understand mechanical drawings as well as HVAC wiring diagrams, a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record, access to their own tools, good communication skills, have a very positive attitude, exceptional self-motivation and time management skills, attention to detail, strong work ethic, exceptional problem-solving and critical thinking skills, ability to handle physically challenging workload, availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a clean and professional appearance and excellent customer service skills. MUST be a self-starter and able to work as a team as well as on their own. Additionally, a high school diploma or GED is required.
- •Must be able to independently power up and adjust control settings to cycle through all designed-for sequences, understand load calculations, equipment selection, air distribution, hydronic distribution, system performance, indoor air-environment quality and must have a thorough understanding of HVAC Maintenance. A Service Technician must be able to acquire, evaluate and interpret such readings as may be necessary to determine the adequacy and acceptability of system operation to meet customer specifications. Additionally, a Service Technician must be able to perform sufficient field diagnostic procedures to determine causes of inadequate performance and identify corrective actions as necessary. A Service Technician must also have the ability to offer up-sell to customers to improve HVAC systems, the ability to advise customers of potential issues and suggest upgrades to improve efficiency and indoor air quality products.
- •Must have at least five (5) years of experience with one (1) year of troubleshooting experience preferred. Must also have experience with gas and electric products from various manufacturers.
- •Must have passed or be willing to obtain the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency 608 certification exam if they handle refrigerants. Certification is not required; however, HVAC Service Technicians are encouraged to complete certification.
- Additionally, Advanced Service Technicians (and Manager) should have at least two (2) specialty certifications. It may also be helpful for an Advanced Service Technician to hold a Certified Plant Engineer from the Association of Facility Engineers, a Certified Energy engineers or a Home Energy Auditing Certification.
What We Offer
- •Competitive wages $15.00-$33.00+ DOE - Nationwide wages for HVAC Service Technician average $15.00-$23.63/hour. With bonuses, commissions and profit sharing, the total annual pay can range from $34,154-$54,797 per year ($16.36-$54.91/hour for Service Managers).
- •Sign on bonus available as well as sales spiffs for up-sell items.
- •Cell phone reimbursement
- •Company vehicle
- •Continual opportunities for ongoing training/education
- •Our top performers are among the highest paid technicians in Gallatin Valley. You’ll have unlimited earning potential.
- •Medical Insurance -- we pay 50% of your health insurance premiums.
- •401k Plan
- •HVAC Service Technicians can advance to any position within the Company provided the employee shows continued interest in learning and has completed the required training for advancement.
- •6 paid Holidays after one year of employment
- •40 hours vacation time after one year of employment, increasing yearly
- •A family. This is last on the list because it’s most important. We care about our team, and expect you to bring that same caring when you join. We do a lot more than just work together. You’ll come to love our company outings, and you’ll build life-long friendships at Comfort Systems of Montana because we ARE family.
Learn More About Us