WHO WE ARE
When you look at all of the ads, you wonder how you will fit in. Will it be rewarding? Will there be a future for me, or am I just a cog in the machine?
There are many Controller positions out there, and there is only one "you" for us. Are you ready to be a part of something that you can believe in? To know that your role makes a difference? Would you like to work directly with the owners & leadership team to build a truly remarkable business? Do you have the ability to oversee all of the financial elements of a rapidly growing 8 digit a year company? To get in the weeds as needed, while not losing site of the big picture of where the department and company is headed?
If this sounds like something that you are looking for, you might be the right one.
I’m Brad Casebier from Radiant Plumbing & Air Conditioning. We are a revolutionary home service company that is bucking tradition, and taking Austin by storm. Sarah (my wife and super sharp business partner) and I are needing someone who wants to become part of the family, and help us take this business to the next level.
We believe in being the absolute best home service provider in Austin, providing the best job for all of our employees, and giving back to the community
We are a company that is run by numbers, and have very sophisticated systems budgeting, forecasting, and tracking. This role is a key position in our success.
WHY WE NEED YOU
What You’ll Do:
- Guide day-to-day accounting operations, providing input on all transactions related to general ledger, receivables, payables, and payroll.
- Maintain and develop accounting policies and systems in accordance with GAAP.
- Prepare and review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Oversee preparation of Sales Tax Payable returns, 1099’s and Payroll Tax returns. Turn over financial documents tax ready to CPA.
- Ensure timely month end close is accomplished. Income Statement, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow statements provided.
- Demonstrate a very high level of competency in financial preparation (journal entries, balance sheet integrity).
- Oversee payroll including calculation of commissions.
- Consistently monitor, evaluate, and present on the company’s financial effectiveness as you lead and manage preparation of budgets and forecasts, including monthly variance analysis.
- Have a real-time picture of the company’s financial position: profits, trends, costs, budget compliance and forecasting; you make informed recommendations to the CFO and other company leadership.
- Provide analysis, input and recommendations regarding business and financial impacts of decisions to ensure informed and thoughtful cross functional operational decisions.
- Provide analysis and recommendations on pricing profitability of pricing structures for business units.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with leadership team to ensure that both operational and financial plans are created and implemented to achieve the business’ and company’s goals
- Understand operational challenges and opportunities affecting the company; analyze business trends, identify and recommend cost savings and profit enhancement opportunities
- Review current processes in place and develop scalable processes where needed.
The Big Task
What You’ll Bring:
- 7 + years of experience, with experience as a controller. Experience in the home service/construction industry is welcomed.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance or accounting preferred; CPA welcome.
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP.
- Experience developing and managing internal controls ensuring effectiveness, including business process improvements.
- Leadership capabilities and the ability to develop & oversee teams.
- Advanced Excel skills.
- Effective oral, written and presentation skills.
- Knack for prioritizing and projects in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, adapting to changes as they arise.
- Proven ability to translate financial information into business language
- QuickBooks experience preferred.
Learn More About Us
To learn more about the company and to APPLY - https://jobs.ourcareerpages.com/job/348760?source=ccp&key=5WycbgF2BpACakWC0BId%2b%2fwLeb9UmO5oQMYno0%2bUe9w%3d