Questions To Ask During The Interview
It’s important to ask questions when being interviewed by the hiring manager. The reasons for this are A) it shows you’re alive and B) it shows you are genuinely interested in the job…because you are. It can also help you figure out what the hiring manager is looking for…this gives you an opportunity to explain even more how your knowledge, skills and abilities fit with what the manager is looking for. Below are some examples of easy and effective questions to ask the person interviewing you.
- What is the reason for this position being open?
- What are your expectations of the job?
- What skills, knowledge and abilities make a person successful in this role?
- Ask questions about the hiring manager that relates to their own role as a way to get to know him/her better.
- At the end of the interview, ask if they have any other questions for you and if there is anything about your prior experience that you can help clarify.
- Finally, ask what the next steps are.
These are just a few sample questions you should ask during the interview. Asking questions helps you understand the role better, keeps you engaged in the conversation and shows the hiring manager you are interested in the job.